5 Reasons To Attain Certification For Your Life Coaching Business
- POSTED ON JUNE 29, 2023
Do professional coaches need to attain a life coaching certification to build a successful coaching business?
I come to this topic with more than two decades of success as a Co-Active Coach. In addition, I am a leader of the Co-Active Certification program and lead the core curriculum workshops.
From this perspective, this post’s topic is near and dear to my heart and I am grateful for the opportunity to speak to it.
Becoming a Co-Active coach was one of the best decisions I ever made. I took my training and built a successful business that I love!
Being a Certified Coach Can Help Your Career
My intention with this post is to unpack the many ways being certified as a coach will help you succeed in a coaching career of your own.
Think of any type of service business you respect, like doctors or teachers. They may be naturally gifted at what they do but you darn sure want them to also be well trained!
With coaching it is doubly important to have the best training and be certified because there are so many untrained, uncertified people using the title coach.
This means that certified coaches stand out and have a much better chance of success than the non-trained.
Being trained as a Co-Active Coach gives you the highest standard of training available. This not only means you will be a good coach, it also means that your life coach certification will have an impact in the marketplace.
Enhance Your Skills with a Coach Training Program
Co-Active is one of the most recognized coach training programs in the world.
Becoming a certified coach will give you more than a certificate to store away in a box.
It’s a crucial step for anyone looking to build a successful coaching business. It not only enhances your skills and knowledge as a coach, it gives you credibility, personal growth, and access to new opportunities.
With that in mind, I looked at what being a certified coach has brought me, along with the thousands of certification students I have taught and the many clients I have guided through their certification journey into successful businesses.
5 Reasons to Be a Certified Life Coach
I came up with five compelling reasons why I believe it’s important to put the time, money, and effort into becoming certified as a Co-Active coach.
1. Mastery as a Coach: You become a masterful coach! You learn how to consistently coach at a high level. The imposter syndrome is gone forever. You know you can help people far beyond your ability before certification.
One distinct benefit for coaches who have completed certification can be measured by the confidence and the ease with which they coach their clients.
2. Personal Growth: You grow as a person. Being a certified life coach puts you in a very special container. You are coaching, being coached, learning coaching skills and concepts, all aimed at growing people to be the best version of themselves. You will grow, in the process, into the best version of yourself as you become a great coach! The more you grow the better your coaching will be. The better your coaching, the greater your confidence in yourself.
Imagine that you get the benefits of this magical profession times ten! That growth will be something you personally value for the rest of your life.
3. Credibility in the Marketplace and With Organizations, Your Colleagues, Family and Friends, and Even Yourself: Being certified as a coach will not only give you credibility with potential clients and with people you know, it also is required for many positions you might seek to use your coaching.
You will feel more credible with your own coaching ability and in integrity with calling yourself a coach.
4. Catapulted into the marketplace as a coach: Being in certification requires that you have 5 paying clients. You are supported to get your coaching business out into the marketplace and among colleagues, family, and friends. Your dream of having a career as a coach begins to be a reality.
Many organizations and companies require coaches to be certified before they can be hired, so having a certification can increase your chances of landing a job or contract. It can also give you access to professional networks and resources that can help you grow your business and expand your reach.
Certification will open up many new opportunities for you as a coach.
5. Coach Colleagues Who Will Support You Now and For Years to Come: You will connect with a group of coaches whom you will come to know very well during the program. They will support you in a myriad of ways during the program and, in some cases, for years to come.
The coaches you connect with in certification have your back!
In addition, obtaining a life coaching certification shows that you are committed to your profession and to providing the best possible service to your clients. It demonstrates that you have invested time and resources into your education and training, and that you take your role as a coach seriously.
This level of dedication and professionalism is highly valued by clients and can help you build a strong reputation in the coaching industry.
Join Co-Active’s Coach Certification Program
If you are serious about your coaching career, you will want to take the leap into the coach certification program. With that leap, you will begin to create a successful, lifelong coaching business and career that will bring you the kind of fulfillment you most want from your work.