Do you dream about telling stories that really matter to humanity and transform lives? Do you love the process of creating stories that get people talking, sharing and watching again and again? Then we are looking for YOU, a savvy and heart-led Content Developer to lead the charge in creating and editing content that will tell the story of CTI and express our views on leadership to the world in a way that is clear and engaging.
You’ll be a strong candidate and great fit for this position and CTI if...
- You are a lover of stories and understand their power to evoke the human spirit.
- You are a savvy wordsmith with a passion and flair for writing in all formats.
- You are detailed oriented; have the ability to adapt to different formats; and have a storytelling ability to distill information and shape narrative.
- You are as competent a writer as you are as an editor.
- You have a passion and strong understanding of our industry and care deeply about our company’s mission.
- You are passionate about the part your editorial expertise plays in executing successful marketing campaigns ( i.e you care about the person who will buy the product your content helps to sell, as much as you do about the content itself).
- You are process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions.
- Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts.
- You have a good appreciation of the value of other skill sets
- You are strategically minded but hands-on and tactically minded when required.
- You have a great sense of humor.
- You are a great listener and know how to elicit input in a way which makes a brief crystal clear the first time.
The Content Developer can be located anywhere and holds overriding responsibility within the marketing team for the development of all written and video content from idea generation through to publishing, ensuring a clear through line of the company’s message and tone of voice throughout our owned and other communication channels. This includes writing and producing a wide range of content to expand our company’s digital footprint, awareness, subscribers, and leads. This will include and yet not be limited to blogs, educational e-books, articles, videos, ads, email campaigns, infographics, templates and forms. Central to your role will be the creation and management of an editorial calendar, which will guide the development of the company’s thought leadership over time. As a team player, you’ll lead by example as a content creator, while also excelling in nurturing the talent of other content contributors from the wide range of company stakeholders.
- The immediate development of a content creation infrastructure, including the creation and management of an editorial calendar, charting the development of the company’s thought leadership over time, the development of key processes that guide the development of written content, and the identification of necessary third party contributors and sub-contractors.
- The development of a style of written content commensurate with CTI’s new brand and message hierarchy made evident by the publication in the first year of a range of articles, papers, reports, e-books, etc., to deliver on a range of marketing objectives.
- Harnessing and nurturing the talent of other content contributors from the wide range of company stakeholders, especially from within the executive team.
Initial Challenges and Opportunities:
- Working closely with the marketing, product development and executive team to establish truly what CTI’s thought leadership is, and where the opportunities are (including within the existing conversation) to make our message known.
- Prioritize the internal rebranding efforts alongside the external campaign work that needs to get done this year.
- Enrolling the talent of other stakeholders as content contributors and holding them accountable to deliver what they agree to.
On a daily basis, the Content Developer will prioritize tasks against short, mid and long term goals. A typical week invariably includes all core responsibilities, and will be framed with team meetings with the marketing team, one to ones with the global head of marketing, meetings with other internal stakeholders, and vendors. From time to time with the global head of marketing, the content developer will participate in key meetings with both the advisory council and the executive team, when and where their expertise is required.
The Content Developer reports to Global Head of Marketing to advise on execution of strategy, and also with other marketing team members to deliver on task. This position also works regularly with other internal stakeholders and Heads of Departments on a case by case basis
QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Understanding competitive positioning, business strategy, and messaging platforms
- Ability to generate ideas for content and iterate those ideas to scale.
- Ability to create a clear brief, detailing, style, tone, length, audience and desired impact of content.
- Write quickly and accurately - be productive!
- Edit other’s work sensitively but without compromising objectives.
- Ability to manage other contributors and hold accountability.
- Strong visual sense to contribute POV to graphic designer about how content will appear on the page or screen.
- Skillful in designing work flows and integrating them within larger workflows and processes within the company.
- Be able to communicate through the spoken word as clearly as the written word.
- Translating complex information and ideas into intuitive and effective visual explanations
- Generating fresh and resonant story concepts, narrative arcs, and creative themes
- Be comfortable interviewing stakeholders and customers...
To apply for this position, please provide a resume and letter of interest telling us:
- Why you want to work for CTI
- What you uniquely bring to the table, including your background in leadership and Content Developer roles
- What makes for the ideal company or job in your opinion
- Salary expectations
- If you were referred by someone at CTI, please mention who referred you in your cover letter.
Please send your resume, cover letter and link to your writing/video samples to Jobs@coactive.com and make the subject “Content Developer”.
Thank you for your interest in The Coaches Training Institute.
CTI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and will not discriminate based on a protected class or as otherwise prohibited by law.
About CTI, the Co-Active ® Training Institute
CTI was founded as a coach training organization 25 years ago and has evolved to a leading edge, global leadership development company. Through our work, and our very intentional workplace, we strive to open human consciousness and transform the human experience. We believe that what people really want, more than anything else, is to live a life of meaning and fulfillment and to be able to contribute the best of what they are to their world. Within this context, CTI is creating the new language of leadership, striving to empower individuals and organizations to lead and, in the process, transforming individuals, teams, and organizations, and culture.
At CTI, we experience our work as our workshop. When you join the CTI team, you join a group of people who are committed to growing our leadership, using our Co-Active® methods and tools in a practical and authentic way.
CTI’s organizational clients span the globe and industries, ranging from humanitarian organizations to top-tier firms in tech, banking, retail, and many other industries. Privately owned, CTI is headquartered in San Rafael, CA, with subsidiary offices in the UK and Spain, and dedicated partners in China, Germany, Israel, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Turkey, and the UAE. We have a global workforce of 250 employees with faculty on nearly every continent. Our founders have published several seminal leadership and coaching books including Co-Active Leadership: Five Ways to Lead and Co-Active Coaching: Changing Business, Transforming Lives.